Monday, May 10, 2010

CATCH-UP

I haven't posted anything, but do need to state that my brain has been working overtime. For most of you, that won't be a surprise... I'm fortunate when it slows down enough so I can sleep. However, I've been digging and trying to determine where to begin... and what the Lord seems to have laid on me is to read and re-read the books that are appropriate to this topic.

A couple weeks ago, I began reading [for the fourth time in the past several years] George Otis' "Twilight Labyrinth." It takes so much concentration, but is so clear about so much!! I have used different colored pens each time I read it; interesting to see how much I've missed previously and how much didn't quite sink in. I think it is the best book out there on this overall topic.

Recently, several more books dropped onto my need-to-read list [mostly re-read]. Winkey Pratney's "Healing the Land"; Otis' "Last of the Giants"; Petrie's "Releasing Heaven on Earth", Michael Green's "Exposing the Prince of Darkness"; and Brown's "Unbroken Curses." It's going to take me a few weeks to plow through those books and others that are related to them.

My goal is to read these books by mid-June. I'll try to spend about 3 hours a day reading... away from my computer, so I don't become side-tracked. Since I've been at this ministry for nearly a dozen years, I think this is another opportunity to both review what I know and to learn more.

Anyone out there who has not read one of those books, especially Petrie's and Otis', and wants to learn more of this spiritual warfare topic, I suggest hitting Amazon.com or Abebooks.com. I've been able to get most of them for a buck or two plus shipping. But the insight of these authors, the spiritual sanity, the always-goal of freeing people to know the Lord more deeply can never be discounted.

I have no doubt that I was supposed to start this blog site. Originally, I anticipated filling it with thoughts and ideas and pieces of puzzles being put together -- locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally. Instead, I keep being prodded to read, write, and read and write some more.

Just thought I'd let you know that I haven't become sluggish about this. Buried in related projects, yes. And, with my tendency to become drawn down rabbit trails, trying to carefully maintain the overall goal, the ONLY important element -- to draw others to our Lord and bring glory to Him . Nothing else counts. Period.


No comments:

Post a Comment